Monday, March 24, 2008

"Your Catfish Friend" by Richard Brautigan

I really enjoyed this poem because not only is it talking about friends, but relating friends to catfish in a weird but very interesting way that I can relate to.
I feel it's explaining that if a catfish is beautiful, anyone can be beautiful. It's about the way you act and feel towards your friends. How comfortable you are and no matter where you are, as long as you're with your friends, the setting is always beautiful.
I think that it's important for everyone to have close friends and I believe that there's a "perfect place," as stated in the poem, for everyone and their friends to be together. Whether it may be on a relaxing vacation together or just sitting in your living room with your best friends talking all night long.
Everyone deserves to have a few close friends because if we didn't have them, we wouldn't be able to get through life without their love and support along the way.

No comments: