Monday, March 24, 2008

"Spring is Like a Perhaps Hand" by E.E. Cummings

I though this poem would be appropriate to blog about because it's very sweet and also we are anxiously awaiting spring to arrive!
In this poem, I thought it was very unique and kept me very interesting because the writer was comparing and contrasting things, such as a "hand, which comes carefully out of nowhere."
It's intersting to think of it this way. I think of it as your body is constantly making movements all the time and you never know which movement will come next, especially with your hands. Just as you never know when spring is going to hit us one day, especially because it still randomly snowing. Everything is a surprise, all the time.
I really enjoy that it's such a different way to compare things. This poem reminds me that as life goes on, there will always be suprises.
I think this poem is implying that life shouldn't be planned, it's not meant to me. It's meant to be lived in the moment, and also to the fullest!

No comments: