Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"It's Tough to Be a Teenager"

I think in this poem, every single one of us can relate.
Throughout high school, it's a constant feeling of wanting people to accept you. Whether it may be your parents or even some of your best friends.
It's always about impressing everyone and you'll do anything in order to do that. It almost seemed that people didn't really care about you unless you were 'accepted' by them.
Teenagers are little annoying, young adults, but they have feelings, too. I can think back and put myself in their shoes and I know the exact feeling of "hating the world and everyone in it."
I feel like this is mostly hormones but it's also a part of growing up. I think it's great to go through the roughest times in high school in your teenage years; because whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger in the end!

1 comment:

Erinn said...

This sounds like an interesting poem, certainly about a topic with which most of us can relate! Are you thinking of using this in your literary analysis? I wonder what other poems are out there about adolescence?